Tuesday 14 August 2007

First Chapter

I really miss reading. Last year I graduated from university and off I went into the real world with my BA English and Sociology - only to find that the real world doesn't care too much about about degrees. They want what most of us graduates don't have much of - experience. The real world sucks.

Anyway, since I've started working, I haven't had much time to do a lot of reading - a big change for an English student. At first it was a nice relief, I could read whatever I wanted! Heat, OK, New!, Now - the trashier the better. But as time goes on I've found that I just don't have as much time as I would like to get stuck into a good book. Sometimes it's a lot easier to plug myself into my iPod, shut my eyes and pretend I'm not jammed into someone else's armpit in rush hour on the tube. Nice.

So I've decided to write a blog about the most interesting and thought-provoking books I've read so far. Who knows, maybe someone will actually read it and even post a comment. Wouldn't that be nice. Fingers crossed.

Here goes.

No comments: