Monday 29 October 2007

Apocalyptic Sunset

This year I decided to get back into painting. Well...I say 'get back into'...the last time I painted anything was in my first year of 6th form when I was taking AS Level Art. And I wasn't technically 'into' art - I just did it at school. But I guess that's the thing about studying, it can take the fun out of your passion!

So I've found that it's something I love doing whenever I get a spare couple of hours. It's definitely a great outlet for me to be creative in any way I want to be. So far I've painted three painting this year, and I'm hoping to add to this collection asap! Here's my second one that I finished last week:



I find it really satisfying painting sunsets and blending a mish mash of colours. My sister said it looks like the End Of The World. An Apocalyptic Sunset, if you will. And I'm quite liking that dramatic description I have to say!

I've nearly finished my third painting. It's a lot more subtle than the one above, but hopefully still quite atmospheric. Shall post it soon.

No comments: