Thursday 22 November 2007

Anyone up for boycotting the tube?

WARNING: TUBE RANT AHEAD

I had to trek to Cardiff today for a conference. This involved waking up at the crack of dawn - no wait, BEFORE the crack of dawn - to get the tube to Paddington, and then jump on a train to Wales (for which we had lovely first class tickets!)

The train journey from London to Cardiff took roughly two hours. The tube journey from West London to Paddington took one hour. ONE HOUR. It should have taken 30 mins. I'm not a mathematician, but something doesn't quite add up here!

And the cause? Was it:

a) A person under the train?
b) A signal failure?
c) A passenger alarm?
d) A suspect package at another station?
e) TFL being its usual inept self?

Answers on a postcard please.

The first class train tickets made up for this blip in my otherwise pleasant trip to Cardiff. And I managed to finish off The God Delusion and start reading a new book - Carry Me Down. The God Delusion is a rather meaty book which deserves a post of its own...I'm sure I will get round to it soon (!) As for Carry Me Down, I've only read the first few pages, but I'm already sucked in. Actually, I'm almost looking forward to my tube journey into work tomorrow so I have some ample reading time...hmm, so there are silver linings after all...

No comments: