Friday 28 December 2007

Back to reality with a bump

I'm back.

Twas amazing.

Am depressed.

We had a fantastic experience in the Seychelles and truly relaxed. It really does look as gorgeous as the pictures. In fact, here is how it looked:



So now you know why I'm depressed. It's because I'm back here:



The pace of life over there really is magnificently slower than in London. I don't think I could ever live over there, my body probably would never adjust! But I wouldn't say no to a few months of pure relaxation every now and then. Here are a few of my highlights...

- Visiting another island in a dinky plane.
- Sitting on the shore with little fish swimming around my legs.
- Exploring rock pools and discovering the crabs and other sealife that live in them.
- Seeing the giant Aldabra tortoises and how fast they actually move!
- Swimming by reef with tropical fish and sea cucumbers.
- Being serenaded by a famous Creole musician (didn't know he was famous at the time...)
- Trekking (I use the term loosely) to a waterfall.

And the lowlights...

- Finding a lizard in our fridge!
- Being eaten alive my mosquitos.
- Getting a horrid stomach bug on the last day.
- Leaving.

The pros definitely out weigh the cons. If you ever get the opportunity - GO! You'll love it.

No comments: